Start Tapping Today!
Something weighing on your mind lately?
Needing a breakthrough in love or money?
Feeling overwhelmed and not sure which way to turn?
Have you been in personal development a long time with mixed results?
These are very good signs that your emotional energy is out of balance. EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) is a gentle, non-evasive form of emotional acupressure using ancient Chinese acupuncture points. Tapping or rubbing specific points on the upper body releases the stuck energy that holds strong emotions in place and keeps you feeling stressed and anxious.
Results are immediate and lasting. Best of all, the technique is easy to learn.
Gary Craig, the founder of EFT, gives a free copy of the EFT manual to anyone who asks. Information on his website: http://www.emofree.com.
Basically, you will use two fingers to tap or rub comfortably on a series of acupressure points around your upper body. While you are tapping, you will tune into your thoughts about an issue that is troubling you. Here is an example:
Choose a problem that is bothering you right now. Let yourself feel how upset you really are. You don’t have to hold it together for anyone, how do you really feel about this? Rate the intensity of your feelings on a scale of one to ten; one being low intensity and ten high. Let’s use a dead end job as our example:
- Tapping on the Karate Chop Point (side of the palm of your hand): “Even though I hate my job, (choose one: I feel stuck at my job. They hate me at my job.) I deeply and completely love and accept myself”. Repeat three times.
- As you tap through the rest of the points, use your middle and ring fingers and tap each of the following points gently:
- Eyebrow Point (where your eyebrow meets the bridge of your nose):”I can’t believe I am still at this job.”
- Side of the Eye: (the bony ridge outside of the eye):”They just don’t pay me what I am worth.”
- Under the Eye: (the bony ridge under the eye below the pupil) “I just want to enjoy what I do and get paid enough to sustain myself.”
- Upper Lip:” (between your nose and your lip) I am really upset because I can’t see how to change my situation. How did I end up here?”
- Front of Chin: “Even though I am not sure how to move forward, I do know what I don’t like at my current job.”
- Collar Bone Point (Next to the notch at the top of the sternum): “I could make a list of all I hate about this job and let that list guide me to get clear on what I DO want.”
- Under the Arm (where the bra strap would be…sorry guys!): “I AM tired of angsting about my stuckness and it feels good to create clarity. I can’t know what I do want if I don’t go through what I don’t like.”
- Top of the Head:”I am willing to focus on getting clear about what I DO want in a new job, career choice or revenue stream.”
- Take a 3 deep breaths
How do you feel? While your job status is still the same, check to see if the intensity of your emotion around being stuck there has changed? If you are still feeling some upset about your current job, just go through the steps one more time.
Is there another aspect of the problem that you are aware of now? Allow yourself to feel any strong emotion that is there. The stronger the feeling, the more easily you can sense the change in your mood. You may also notice that your perspective of the problem has broadened. You really can shift your energy by yourself.
EFT always works, even if you don’t know what to say. Simply tapping and taking a few conscious breaths as you are feeling strong emotions makes it much easier to get over an emotional upset. Once your emotions are calmer, you will be better able to figure out what to do next. The problem is bad enough without adding a load of emotional pain on top of it. Try it and see.
Want to talk to Catherine about EFT and how it can help you?